Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not Your Taco Bell Chalupas

For New Year's, I wanted to make one new recipe a month for the year. I know I'm a little late, but in March, I made Chicken Chalupas with my mom. It was pretty easy and can be done in the CROCK POT!!!! Here is what you need....

1 16oz containers of sour cream
about a pound of chicken, cooked and shredded or cubed
1 package of flour tortillas
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of shredded cheese - I like the Mexican blend
1 can of olives sliced
1 can of green chiles

Mix together half of the sour cream, 1 1/2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, olives, green chiles and chicken. Tear the tortillas into chunks. Put some of the mixture on the bottom of the crock pot. Top with a layer of tortillas. Repeat until the mixture and tortillas are gone. End with a layer of tortillas. Mix together the remaining sour cream and chicken soup. Pour this on the top in the crock pot. Top with the last 1/2 cup of cheese. Heat in crock pot until hot and cheese is melted. And last of all, ENJOY!

No comments: