Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BBQ Ribs

So, I'm sure by now, it is no secret that I love my crock pot(s)! I bought some ribs at the store and was looking for an easy way to make them. Well, I found a super simple crock pot recipe. It took me longer to wash the crock pot than it took to actually make the food. I took one onion and diced it and put it in the crock pot. I unwrapped my ribs and put seasoning on them. The recipe I found said to just use salt and pepper. While I intended to do that, I ended up putting a garlic and herb spice mix on them instead. Pour in a bottle of bbq sauce and turn the crock pot on. The recipe called for cooking on low for 8 to 10 hours. I didn't get them in as early as I wanted, so I put it on high. We ended up heading to Casa Grande for Brian to work and our quick trip turned into him working and me visiting with Stephanie and then when our husbands were done with work, we all visited for a while. Anyway, that means that my ribs cooking on high for 4 to 5 hours ended up cooking on high for about 9 hours. They still turned out amazing and literally fell off the bones when I tried to take them out. I had to scoop the meat out and Brian said they were delicious. I was dealing with heartburn at the time, so I didn't actually eat any. I will probably use creole seasoning next time to give them some more kick for the hubby. While I enjoy spicy, spicy things have been wreaking havoc on my esophagus lately, so I may have to wait to try some spicy ones. We used these ribs for just eating ribs, but with how tender the meat ended up, they would be really easy to shred the meat and use it in tacos or chimichangas or enchiladas or bbq sandwiches or anything you could think of really. I will definitely make these again and again. PS - The ribs were on sale at the grocery store, so they were super cheap too!!!! :)

No comments: