Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Best Cookie Recipe Ever!!!

For years, I have struggled to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. For a long time, I resigned to purchasing tubs of Nestle Tollhouse Cookie Dough and just scooping and baking. While that is incredibly easy and results in a near perfect cookie, the recipe I found is so much better in my opinion.

Here is the scoop!

2 sticks of softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons hot water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
1 bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*. Cream together the butter and sugars. I never plan ahead long enough, so I usually pop the butter in the microwave on defrost for about a minute. Mix in the eggs one at a time. I mix it just long enough so the egg disappears into the mixture. Add the vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and mix in. Mix in salt. Add 3 cups of flour. Dump in a bag of chocolate chips. Spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes.

When they come out of the oven, they might seem a little underdone, but they aren't. Let them cool for a few minutes and they will set. Depending on how much cookie dough I eat while I'm baking, I can usually squeak out a little over 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

PS - This cookie dough works great in my cookie-brownie-Butterfinger bars. :)

No comments: