Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Birthday Dinner




So, I know this is a little late coming, but I wanted to finally post what I made for my birthday dinner. I made shredded chicken burritos and a bean dip and guacamole that didn't quite turn out like guacamole, but it was still good.




Shredded Chicken Burritos:




Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast


Salsa


Shredded Cheese


Tortillas




Cook the chicken. I just put it in a frying pan and added salt and cooked it up until it wasn't pink in the middle. After it is done cooking, shred the chicken. I use two forks and hold the chicken with one fork and pull pieces away with another fork. Pretty easy. Mix the shredded chicken with some salsa. Put some of it on a tortilla and top with cheese. Pop it in the microwave until the cheese melts and wrap it up.




Guacamole Dip Stuff




So, I usually make amazing guacamole, but this time, it wasn't the same. It was delicious, but not quite guacamole. I added too much sour cream, so I got creative (well, not too creative, but whatever).




Avocados


Sour Cream


Lime


Salsa


Jalepenos




Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit (if you haven't ever done this before, it is fun. You take a knife and slam it into the pit and then just pull the knife out and the pit comes with). Peel the skin off and mash the avocado. Mix in some sour cream. I put a lot in this time and it was still good. Mix in some salsa and squeeze half a lime into it. Add salt to taste. Top with jalepenos.




Bean Dip




For my bean dip, I actually made the beans from scratch. Pretty easy. It is easier with the dehydrated bean flakes from the cannery though.




Pinto Beans


Pepper Jack Cheese




Soak the pinto beans over night. Remove the soak water and boil them in fresh water. Drain off some of the water and mash the beans. Add in a ton of pepper jack cheese. Done.




I did not get a picture of the bean dip because I did not drain off enough water and I had to boil some off. It took forever and I was too tired to take a picture when it was finally done, but it was good. You can also mix salsa with the beans.




Enjoy!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love shredded chicken burrito's. Yummy!