Monday, December 22, 2008

Beef Strogonoff

This is one of mine and Joe's favorite dinners. It is so easy and I don't have a real recipe. You would laugh if I wrote it down the way my mom told me how to make it over the phone. Luckily it is pretty hard to mess it up.

-1 pound of stir fry or stew beef (you can use more but I am not a huge meat eater so I usually use less)
-1 pint of sour cream
-1 onion (doesn't really matter what kind, I used a mayan sweet onion tonight and it was good)
-1 pint of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 packet of Liptons onion soup mix
-1 tablespoon of flour
-2 cups of water
-Worchestershire sauce
- package of egg noodles

-dice onions and cook with beef and a few dashes of worchestershire sauce until beef is browned, add mushrooms and flour, let mushrooms cook for a minute and then add the water and onion soup mix. Turn down the heat to med low, cover and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.

-turn heat off and when it stops bubbling add in the sour cream and turn heat back on low to warm back up.

-About 5 minutes before sauce is down simmering boil water for egg noodles and cook.

I promise it is so Yummy. Perfect for a cold night like tonight.

No comments: