Friday, December 9, 2011

Banana Bread

I had always heard how easy banana bread was to make, but I was always intimidated by the bananas. I know that sounds silly, but it is the truth. I don't like bananas and the thought of turning squishy, over ripe bananas with their greasy black peels into something edible was more than I could fathom. Well, when cleaning up my kitchen table the other day, I found some of those dark nasty bananas taunting me. My husband loves bananas, but never seems to eat the whole bunch in time. I had frozen some before thinking "I'll tackle this fear later", but this time when I found them, I decided now was the time. Brian pulled up a recipe and to work I went. It was so dang easy and now I think I will make it more often. I don't have a bread loaf pan (yet), so I made 12 regular sized muffins. They turned out great!

Here is what you need:

3 to 4 bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With a wooden spoon, mash the bananas. Then, mix the butter into the bananas. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt in and mix. Add the flour last and mix well. Pour into a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan or a regular sized muffin tin. Bake 1 hour for loaf pan and 25-30 minutes in the muffin tin. Cool and remove from pan. Enjoy!

No comments: