Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

This is one of our favorites lately. So easy to throw together after work, plus Joe gets excited whenever I make it, lol! I would post a picture but Jonah broke my camera!

2 Lg Chicken Breasts
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
10 corn tortillas
1 Lg can of Green Enchilada sauce
1/4 cup of Rotel (I just realized this was only 1/4 cup and I have been putting the whole can in, lol.)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Boil chicken breasts until cooked through (I just put it in my crock pot with some bouillon cubes and water and then shred it up when I get home from work.) then shred.
3. Warm up cream cheese in microwave (about 1 1/2 minutes).
4. Add chicken and rotel to cream cheese and combine.
6. Fill tortillas with mixture, add cheese, roll up and place in glass baking dish.
7. Pour enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas and cover with cheese.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes.

Just a word of warning I used Old El Paso sauce the first time and it was pretty mild but the second time I used Macayo's sauce and it was VERY spicy and Jonah wouldn't eat it.

1 comment:

Brian and Lisa said...

I have these in the oven right now. I made a few adjustments though. I used flour tortillas (only because I thought I had corn tortillas, but apparently I don't) and I layered it like a casserole, but that is just because I only had 6 smaller flour tortillas. I hope it still turns out okay. I also used the whole can of Rotel. :)