Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mashed Potatoes

After making potato skins, I had the insides of 17 potatoes all soft and mushy just begging me to make them into mashed taters.  These were incredibly simple!

Here is what you need:

About a pound and a half of potatoes (I used russet potatoes because I had just made potato skins, but if I were making them without making skins first, I would probably use Yukon Gold)
4 TBSP Butter
4 TBSP Heavy Cream
1 TBSP Milk
Salt and Pepper

Peel and quarter your potatoes.  Boil them until tender (easily penetrated by a fork).  Drain the water and set the potatoes aside in a bowl.  Heat up the butter, cream and milk on the stove top.  Once it is hot (not boiling though), mix it in the bowl of potatoes using a potato masher or a hand mixer.  If it is too thick, you can add more milk until you reach the desired consistency.  Salt and pepper to taste and you are done!

These turned out really good.  Carlee ate most of them in one sitting.

After making potato skins and mashed potatoes, I'm thinking these would be the perfect combination for Thanksgiving Day.  Potato skins while the guys watch football and mashed potatoes with dinner.

No comments: